[Okc-wp4] EO meeting Thu Mar 12 @ 13:15 Room A5:1003 or via Zoom

Andre Schneider andre.schneider at astro.su.se
Thu Mar 12 11:22:41 CET 2020

Reminder of the EO meeting in less than 2 hours and Zoom link.

Dear colleagues,

our next EO meeting will take place this Thursday Mar 12 at 13:15.

The meeting will take place in Room A5:1003.
This is the "Room with a View" in the 5th floor.

Bar any technical issues as this is the first time we are doing this:
Due to covid-19 concerns you may chose to attend the meeting via Zoom.
Details to join the meeting remotely are the bottom of this message.

This week Quentin Pognan (Stockholm University) will present

Title: Searching for Super-Eddington AGN

Abstract:
Accretion onto black holes at rates above the Eddington limit has long been discussed in the context of supermassive black hole (SMBH) formation and evolution, providing a possible explanation for the presence of massive quasars at high redshifts (z >~ 7), as well as having implications for SMBH growth at later epochs.
However, it is currently unclear whether such 'super-Eddington' accretion occurs in SMBHs at all, how common it is, or whether every SMBH may experience it. In this talk, I will present the work done to investigate the observational consequences of a simplistic model for super-Eddington accretion flows -- an optically thick, geometrically thin accretion disc (AD) where the inner-most parts experience severe photon-trapping, which is enhanced with increased accretion rate.

Andre Schneider is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: EO Meeting
Time: Mar 12, 2020 01:05 PM Stockholm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/712297783