[Okc-wp4] Multi-messenger workshop, Feb 15 - 17.; 10- 12 AM

Stephan Rosswog stephan.rosswog at astro.su.se
Tue Feb 16 14:10:55 CET 2021

Dear all

as mentioned during the meeting today: there will be a school on
"r-process and neutron star mergers"
https://hifis-events.hzdr.de/event/48/

and you are welcome to register.

Best

Stephan

On 8 Feb 2021, at 15:44, Ariel Goobar <ariel at fysik.su.se<mailto:ariel at fysik.su.se>> wrote:

Dear all,

After consultation with several of you, here comes the agenda for next week’s remote WS on compact object mergers and associated multi-messenger (astro)physics, previously announced on the OKC-EO slack channel. To join, https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/63298679795<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/63298679795&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw2TRQgZn05okNvAuW_FYD37>
.
Hopefully we can turn this into fun sessions, with lots of interactions!

Many thanks!
Ariel

Day 1:  10-12, with a 5 mins break

- Short introduction: who are we, why are we having this WS (Ariel, 5’)
- quick round of presentations for newcomers (5’)

- The multi-messenger landscape: an observer's view (Jesper, 20’)
-  ———————“—————     : a theorist view (Stephan, 20’)

After the break: "Theory" activities at OKC

- New physics with GWs (Tom, 10’)
- numerical relativity highlights
    NS-BH mergers and quark matter cores (Vivek, 20’)
-        Discussions, Q&A (<30’)

Day 2:

…. transition to observables...

 - KN modeling (Quentin, 20’)
 - Radiation transfer (Mattia, 20’)
 - Non-thermal emission of compact mergers (Christoffer 20)
-        New instruments (ZTF2, NOT explorer, MAAT, JWST, ALMA, …, Steve, 20’)
. Discussions, Q&A

Day 3:

 Optical surveys and simulation tools (Ana & Christian, 30’)

 Connecting the dots… and where do we go from here
- General discussion (Hiranya leads. 1 hour + break)

Professor Ariel Goobar
The Oskar Klein Centre for Cosmoparticle Physics
Department of Physics, Stockholm University
AlbaNova University Center, SE-106 91 Stockholm, SWEDEN
tel:+46 8 55378659 fax:+46 8 55378601 web: www.fysik.su.se/~ariel<http://www.fysik.su.se/~ariel>

Prof. Dr. Stephan Rosswog
Computational High-Energy Astrophysics

The Oskar Klein Centre for Cosmoparticle Physics
Department of Astronomy, Stockholm University
AlbaNova, Roslagstullbacken 21
SE-10691 Stockholm, Sweden

Email: stephan.rosswog at astro.su.se<mailto:stephan.rosswog at astro.su.se>
Tel.:     +46 (0)8 5537 8529