[Okc-wp4] OKC-day April 15

Andre Schneider andre.schneider at astro.su.se
Fri Apr 9 14:52:06 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is a reminder that the OKC-day will take place next week on April 15.

It's a very simple program with a nice surprise included.  :)

Online event schedule:
13.00 - 13.05  Meet online, welcome from OKC Director

13.05 - 13.50  Parallel Session 1
13.50 - 14.05  Break
14.05 - 14.50  Parallel Session 2

14.50+           Fika!

<https://su.powerinit.com/Data/Event/EventTemplates/2602/?EventId=1202><https://su.powerinit.com/Data/Event/EventTemplates/2602/?EventId=1202>Register here!<https://su.powerinit.com/Data/Event/EventTemplates/2602/?EventId=1202>
https://su.powerinit.com/Data/Event/EventTemplates/2602/?EventId=1202

Science discussion questions in Parallel Session 1 (pick one):
- What happened in the early universe? Are there viable alternatives to inflation?
- Why can’t I remember tomorrow? The arrow of time in physics
- What is the densest matter in the Universe made of?
- What role should theoretical models play when planning searches for Dark Matter?

Science discussion questions in Parallel Session 2 (pick one):
- What would it take to convince ourselves that we've detected Dark Matter?
- What can we learn from kilonovae? Are they worth the price of admission?
- AI and machine learning in physics - opportunities, challenges and pitfalls
- What is the pivotal problem with gravity? Or are there several?

André da Silva Schneider

Department of Astronomy

Stockholm University