[Okc-wp4] EO meeting: 5th of May

Ana Sagués Carracedo ana.sagues-carracedo at fysik.su.se
Fri Apr 29 12:05:11 CEST 2022

Dear all,

our next Extreme Object meeting will be next Thursday, 5th of April, at 13:15 (CET). The speaker is Cecilie Cold a PhD student from DARK (Copenhagen). She will be around from the 4th to the 6th of May and she will present to us some of her research related to type IIn supernovae. She prepared for a talk of 25-30 minutes, so we will have plenty of time for questions. Saying so if anyone wants to share anything with the group let me know, as we might have time for it during the meeting.

The meeting will be held in hybrid mode at the Albano 3:6228 - Mega room. Some directions for those that have never been in the Mega room, it is located in Nordita (floor 6 house 3), if you enter from the door on the right of the elevator it is just there. I will be a little in advance to set up the room,  and I can open the door for people with no access.

To join the meeting:
https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/65883589027?pwd=RGxJOUVQWmNtMlZFMUIwaHRabkExdz09

Meeting ID: 658 8358 9027

Title:
The rate of SNe IIn

Abstract:
Join me in exploring the extreme world of the interacting IIn supernovae! I will present and discuss a new angle on the rate of type IIn supernovae and the possible host galaxy mass bias on the IIn to core-collapse ratio. With the upcoming LSST we will see IIn becoming more important to other areas of astrophysics such as cosmology, because it is expected that most of the gravitationally lensed supernovae from LSST will be IIn. I will also touch upon the similarities and differences between super-luminous IIn and regular type IIn and also the connection between brightness, host galaxy mass and the two classifications.

Kind regards,
Ana Sagués Carracedo & Haakon Andresen