[Okc-wp4] EO meeting 27th October

Ana Sagués Carracedo ana.sagues-carracedo at fysik.su.se
Thu Oct 20 13:01:53 CEST 2022

Dear all,

our next Extreme Object meeting will be next Thursday, 27th of October, at 13:15 (CEST). The speaker is Nora Valtonen-Mattila a PhD from Uppsala Unversity. She will talk about high energy neutrinos from supernova.

The meeting will be held in lecture room FC61 at the Astronomy department on the 6th floor in Albanova building. Looking forward to see most of you there.

Title:
Observing core-collapse supernovae through neutrinos: from MeV to TeV

Abstract:
Core-collapse supernovae are one of the most energetic events in the cosmos, releasing a tremendous amount of energy in the form of low-energy O(10 MeV) neutrinos before the shock breakout. Some models have also predicted post-explosion emission of high-energy neutrinos O(>TeV) through particle acceleration processes. In this talk, I will explore how we can use both energy ranges to observe supernovae and, in particular, how we can extend the detection horizon of IceCube by using high-energy neutrinos.

Kind regards,
Ana Sagués Carracedo & Haakon Andresen