[Primeusers] Release 1.0 of PrimeGSR

Lars Arvestad arve at csc.kth.se
Fri Jan 16 17:46:20 CET 2009

> I've just installed primeGSR and had some problems. It couldn't find the "g2f" library. I removed it
> from the Makefile and it compiled without errors. Run the sample files and everything perfect (at
> least I think since I don't know if the output is correct). What is the function of this library? Is
> it normal to compile without it?

Do you mean "g2c"? This used to be needed when linking the linear
algebra libraries BLAS and LAPACK. Maybe this need has disappeared in
modern systems. I will remove it from the makefile!

> Then I was trying primeGSR and managed to input everything correctly (I think). However an error
> occurred stating:
>
> "
> the state  is notError:
>      not a valid alphabet state
> "
>
> I'm using this command line on a PC Fedora Core 7 Linux:
> primeGSR -d -o output.mcmc -Bp 0.1 0.1 -Ed Gamma -i 1000 -t 10 -Sm JTT -Hi tree.nwk in_seq.fas in_seq.gs

This bad error message is due to finding an unrecognized/unsupported
character in the sequence data. If you have trouble finding the
offending sequence, send it to me and I will take a look at it.

Thanks for the bug reports!
Lasse

--
School of Computer Science and Communication
and Stockholm Bioinformatics Center