[Primeusers] PrimeGSR memory usage

Lars Arvestad arve at csc.kth.se
Mon Mar 16 11:58:08 CET 2009

The alignment does not play in here. The -c option decides how many
discretization points you put in the species tree, and these points are
where gene duplications in the reconciliation are allowed to be placed.
With large gene trees, there is a larger need for discretization points
in the species tree. Also, if there are edges in the species tree that
are short, then you have to ask for more discretization points in order
to get enough points "placed" on the short species edges. This latter
issue is something we have a student working on (in addition to other
improvements and general speedups).

My recommendation would be to try something immediate the two problem
sizes you have now.

How has the smaller dataset worked out for you?

    Best,
    Lars