[Socbin] NVITATION: Scandinavian Community MacOSX in Life Sciences first workshop

Erik Bongcam erik.bongcam at bmc.uu.se
Thu Jun 8 13:35:30 CEST 2006

Dear colleague,

On June 19 the Scandinavian Community MacOSX in Life Sciences will
start its activities with a workshop in Uppsala.

The initial goal of this meeting is to better define the future
activities of the network
This is also a nice way to meet the people behind the E-mail list ;-)

If you intend to participate please reply  to this E-mail saying : I
will attend.
It is important for us to know how many coffees and lunches we need to order.

If you develop any life-science software or are interested in porting
it to the MacOSX environment or
if you would like to discuss any topic not mentioned in the agenda
please let me know!
In this opportunity the first 25 members will receive their .Mac  free package.

The agenda for this workshop is:
Agenda for the first  Scandinavian Community MacOSX in Life Sciences meeting:
          -    9:15: 9:45 Round table presentations - current projects etc (All)
-       9:45: 10:15 Experience from coding for the Intel platform (LCB)
-       10:15: 10:30 Coffee
-       10:30-11:00 "Mac for Science" Dr. Massimo Marino, Apple
Scientific & Research Programs
-     11:00: 11:15 Windows on Mac - Bootcamp (Apple)
-       11:15: 12:30 Examples of scientific software packages
developed in Sweden  (LCB)
-       12:30- 13:15 Lunch
-       13:15-14:00 Xgrid in practice - Presentation and Demo (LCB & Apple)

Locality: BMC Uppsala  Lecture room : C4:305
How to get there: http://www.bmc.uu.se/pres/getting_to_BMC.html

Welcome!

Erik
--
Dr. Erik Bongcam-Rudloff
Dept. of Animal Breeding and Genetics- SLU