[Socbin] Bioinformatics manager:Research Vacancy

Prash prash at ruc.dk
Tue Dec 18 14:42:37 CET 2007

Courtesy: Kræftens Bekæmpelse (29/11/2007 12:37)

Job Description
JobSenior Data System Manager

Research Framework Programme/
Marie Curie ActionsNo

Main Research FieldTechnology

Job SummaryWe are looking for an experienced data manager and programmer to
become part of our team at the Institute of Cancer Epidemiology.

Job DescriptionThe main purpose of the Institute of Cancer Epidemiology is to
contribute to the combat of cancer through the scientific identification of
causes of cancer. The research network of the Institute is international, and
the outcome of our work is published in English spoken medical research
journals. Epidemiological studies often require the management of large data
bases. The preparation of data sets that are used for analyses, plausibility
checks of data, and programs for assessing data belong to our day-to-day work.

Together with an IT team the Senior Data System Manager will be responsible for
these tasks. The job comprises both project related data base and programming
work as well as the development of programming tools for typical data base
applications of the Institute, like computer-assisted interviewing tools or
interfaces to frequently used registers.

For further information about the position, please contact Joachim Schütz, Head
of Department, tel. +45 35 25 76 55, joachim at cancer.dk

TitleSenior Data System Manager

Type of ContractPermanent

StatusFull-time

CountryDENMARK

CityCopenhagen

Company/InstituteDanish Cancer Society, Institute of Cancer Epidemiology

BenefitsWe offer a professionally stimulating job in a friendly and personal
atmosphere. You will have great opportunity to apply your expertise in diverse
activities and to be involved in various research projects of the Institute.

The salary and terms of employment will be provided according to agreement with
the relevant trade union. The working place is smoke free. The vacancy will be
filled as soon as possible.

Comment/web site for additional job detailsApplication:

We prefer to receive your application via the electronic form on our homepage at
http://www.cancer.dk/foreningen under the category "ledige stillinger,
Stillingsopslag". Alternatively, your application marked “Senior Data System
Manager” can be sent to: Danish Cancer Society, Personnel Department,
Strandboulevarden 49, DK-2100 Copenhagen.

The application should be written in Danish or English.

Organisation/Institute Contact Data
OrganisationDanish Cancer Society

Division/Faculty/DepartmentInstitute of Cancer Epidemiology

StreetStrandboulevarden 49

CityCopenhagen

Postal CodeDK-2100

CountryDENMARK

E-Mailpersonale at cancer.dk

Websitehttp://www.cancer.dk/foreningen

Application Details
Job Starting Date01/01/2007

Application Deadline31/12/2007

How To Applywebsite

Personal Data treatment
(according to local legislation)yes

Required Education Level
Degree.

Degree FieldTechnology

Required Languages
LanguageENGLISH

ProrityHigh

Reading levelExcellent

Writing levelExcellent

Comprehension levelExcellent

Speaking levelExcellent

Required Certifications
Certification TypeProfessional

Certification.

Required Research Experiences
Main Research FieldTechnology

Required Skills
Skillsolid background in data management and programming.

Years Experienceat least 3 years

Further Requirements
DescriptionJob requirements:

The applicant is expected to have a solid background in data management and
programming. This comprises excellent knowledge of some popular data
manipulation languages and programming languages. The applicant is open-minded
and has excellent communication skills. The offered function involves the
supervision of our IT group, thus leadership experience is an advantage.
Further advantages include knowledge of the Danish medical and population
registries.

The applicant has worked full-time in an IT environment for at least 3 years. A
completed education in computer science, data management or system programming
is required. The applicant is able to demonstrate training in up-to-date
software technologies.

Prashanth Suravajhala
PhD Fellow
http://ruc.dk/~prash/

 'Stand up for what is right!’ ~~ Gift the under-privileged children in new
year. Please visit http://www.cry.org