[Socbin] Invitation to a bioinformatics conference in Warsaw, Poland, April 24-28 2008

Janusz M. Bujnicki iamb at genesilico.pl
Thu Feb 7 03:41:03 CET 2008

** apologies for cross-posting! **

Dear Colleague,

We would like to invite you to participate in the conference
Bioinformatics-2008 in Warsaw, Poland (24-27 April 2008).

The conference is organized by SocBiN - Society for Bioinformatics in
the Northern Europe (http://www.socbin.org/). It is already the 10th
edition. All previous conferences in this series have been a great
success with many excellent talks from high-profile speakers and 300-400
participants from Europe and the rest of the world.

There is a number of bioinformatics activities in Poland, and we believe
that this meeting will attract many participants from Poland,
Central-Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and elsewhere. Our ambition is that
the meeting should provide a bridge between biologically-motivated and
mathematically-motivated aspects of bioinformatics. Life scientists from
outside the field of bioinformatics are also encouraged to participate.

We have already put together a programme with three distinguished
keynote speakers (Janet Thornton, Andrzej Kolinski, and Gunnar von
Heijne), and 20 excellent invited speakers. There will be two additional
sessions with 10-12 talks selected from presented posters. All
participants will have a chance to be selected for a talk during the
meeting, therefore we encourage you to participate and present your work.

The website for the conference is http://bioinformatics2008.icm.edu.pl/
and we invite you to take a look at the programme and register. We would
also appreciate if you could disseminate information about this
conference among your coworkers and collaborators and anybody who might
be interested. A pdf flyer is attached to this email - please print it
and post it at a message board at your institution and send it by email
to anybody who might be interested.

We would like to promote the participation of young scientists,
therefore the registration fee for students (incl. PhD students) has
been reduced to a minimum (120 Euro). Additionally, if budget allows,
the organizers will provide travel or accommodation grants for students

On Tuesday-Wednesday 22-23 April (just before the conference) there will
be an optional guided tour to Kraków and Wieliczka.

We look forward to see you in Warsaw!

Best regards,
Janusz Bujnicki

On behalf of the Program Committee:

Janusz M. Bujnicki, Warsaw, Poland (PC chair)
Arne Elofsson, Stockholm, Sweden
Mikhail Gelfand, Moscow, Russia
Jan Komorowski, Uppsala, Sweden
Ceslovas Venclovas, Vilnius, Lithuania
Witold Rudnicki, Warsaw, Poland (Local Committee chair)

___________________________________
Janusz M. Bujnicki, Ph.D., D.Habil.
Email: iamb at genesilico.pl

Professor at International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
Trojdena 4, 02-109 Warsaw, POLAND
tel: +48-22 597 0750
fax: +48 22 597 0715
http://genesilico.pl

Professor extraordinarius at Adam Mickiewicz University
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Faculty of Biology
Umultowska 89, 61-614 Poznan, POLAND
tel: +48 61 829 5839
http://bioinformatics.amu.edu.pl