[Socbin] Open position for a researcher in comp bio in Paris

Lukas Kall lukas.kall at cbr.su.se
Fri Dec 17 12:05:10 CET 2010

JUNIOR RESEARCHER (TENURE-TRACK) IN COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY IN PARIS

The Centre for Computational Biology at Mines ParisTech
(http://cbio.ensmp.fr) develops and applies original mathematical and
computational methods for the processing, modelling and exploitation of
biological, chemical and medical data. Our expertise in machine learning
and statistics is dedicated to solving various challenges in life
science and drug discovery. We have a major focus on cancer research
through a strong partnership with Institut Curie, a leading hospital and
researcher centre dedicated to cancer. We benefit from an exceptional
scientific environment with immediate access to experts in biology and
medicine, modern technological platforms such as sequencing, proteomics,
microarrays or high-content screening, and a number of experts in
mathematics and computer science at walking distance. The laboratory is
located on the Montagne Sainte-Genevieve campus of Institut Curie in
downtown Paris, near Pantheon, at the heart of a rich scientific and
cultural environment.

This position is for a young researcher with exceptional research
potential willing to attack new challenges in computational biology in
an international, open-minded and multidisciplinary environment. The
successful applicant should have a PhD in bioinformatics, mathematics,
computer science or any relevant field, and ideally a post-doctoral
experience on computational biology. He will propose and develop an
original research theme consistent with the laboratory’s research
fields. Projects should combine, where possible, strong methodological
developments and relevant applications in biology and medicine. We are
particularly keen on applications exploiting high-throughput genomic
data to impact cancer research, and would consider favourably a strong
expertise in any relevant domain of applied mathematics or computer
science such as statistics, machine learning, signal processing,
optimization, or discrete mathematics. Collaborations with industrial
partners are strongly encouraged.

The position is on a fixed-term contract, normally leading to a tenure
position within 3 years. To apply please prepare:
- a detailed CV;
- a description of past research work with a list of publications;
- a covering letter and a research project;
- a list of three persons who can be contacted to provide recommendation.

The documents should be sent no later than February 20st, 2011, by
electronic mail to Jean-Philippe.Vert at mines.org

--
Jean-Philippe Vert
Cancer computational genomics and bioinformatics