[Socbin] Postdoctoral Fellowship on Single-Cell Genomics available

Thijs Ettema thijs.ettema at ebc.uu.se
Wed Dec 7 17:04:52 CET 2011

Hi all,

A postdoctoral fellowship is available in my group at the Department
of Molecular Evolution, Uppsala University. My work focuses on several
aspects of microbial genome evolution and on the origin of early
cellular life.

The current position, which is available from early January 2012, aims
at characterizing novel archaeal and bacterial lineages using
single-cell genomics and phylogenomics analyses. The ideal candidate
has a strong background in bioinformatics (preferably in NGS data
assembly and analysis) and an affinity with phylogenetic analyses.

Candidates that are interested in the position should send a copy of
their CV, publication list and a 1-page statement of their scientific
interests and challenges, as well as the contact details of 1 or 2
references to: thijs.ettema [at] ebc.uu.se

For more information about the position, please contact me or see:

http://tinyurl.com/singlecell-genomics

Bests,
Thijs

--
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

NOTE: I have moved to the Biomedical Center in Uppsala, hence note my
new address:

Thijs J. G. Ettema, PhD
Molecular Evolution
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
Biomedical Center
Uppsala University
Box 596
751 23 Uppsala