[SocBiN] Fwd: [Socbin_board] International conference in computational biology: June 26-29 2013, Torun, Poland (organized by SocBiN and PTBI)

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Tue Feb 12 21:21:24 CET 2013

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce the call for abstracts (talks and posters) for:

             *International Conference*
               *Bioinformatics 2013*

The conference is organized under the auspices of Society for
Bioinformatics in Northern Europe (SocBiN) and this time is co-hosted by
the Polish Bioinformatics Society. Previous conferences in this series
have typically gathered 100-300 participants, with many excellent
high-profile speakers.

Please see our website for details & programme:
http://ptbi.org.pl/SocBiN2013/

Torun is a charming medieval hanseatic town located at the Vistula river
~2h from Warsaw (great opportunities for sight-seeing!) and has been
traditionally hosting annual bioinformatics meetings, so we expect good
attendance of both national and international participants.

The submission deadline for abstracts, to be considered for talks, is
March 15, 2013

Early registration deadline is also March 15, 2013:
regular fee: 380 EUR
student fee: 300 EUR
discount for PTBI members: -100 EUR (and possibly more, depending on the
success of our application to the Polish Ministry of Science)

This year we will have six main topics:
- Genomics/metagenomics (chair: Bengt Persson)
- RNA bioinformatics (chair: Jan Gorodkin)
- Protein evolution and structure (chair: Andrei Lupas)
- Protein disorder (chair: Arne Elofsson)
- Biomacromolecular simulations (chair: Wieslaw Nowak)
- Systems biology (chair: Janusz Bujnicki)

Confirmed invited speakers include:
Søren Brunak (keynote), Johan Aqvist, M. Madan Babu, Dennis Bray,
Valerie Daggett, Oxana V. Galzitskaya, Robert Giegerich, Nick Grishin,
Birte Höcker, Lars Juhl Jensen, Philip M. Kim, Edward M. Marcotte, David
Mathews, and Rob Russell

Additional talks (three per session) will be selected from abstracts
submitted until March 15, 2013. Abstracts will also qualify for poster
presentations.

We welcome submissions on all aspects of bioinformatics, computational
biology, systems biology, synthetic biology, evolutionary biology,
genomics, medical informatics, biomathematics, computational biophysics
and other related fields of research, including experimental sciences!

Make plans for your participation now - register today!

We have made preliminary booking of a number discounted rooms for
conference participants (first come, first serve) in the Bulwar Hotel
i.e. conference venue (****) and in B&B Hotel (**). There are also a
number of other hotels in the vicinity, including very inexpensive rooms
reserved in dorms for students (please contact the local organizers for
additional information).

We would also greatly appreciate if you could forward this announcement
to anybody who may be interested.

Yours sincerely,

Janusz Bujnicki
on behalf of the Organizing Commiittee

P.S. Apologies for possible multiple postings!

Yours

Arne
*
*
*-----------------------------------------*
* Arne Elofsson            Science for Life Laboratory*
* Tel:+46-(0)852481531     Stockholm University*
* http://bioinfo.se/      Box 1031, *
* Email: arne at bioinfo.se   17121 Solna, Sweden*

--

Yours