[SocBiN] Call for abstracts: ISCB Student Council Symposium 2013 preceding ISMB/ECCB 2013

Himanshu Joshi himanshu.joshi at medisin.uio.no
Thu Mar 14 10:54:31 CET 2013

ISCB Student Council Symposium 2013

The ISCB Student Council Symposium will be held on July 19th (directly
preceding ISMB/ECCB 2013) in Berlin, Germany.

The Student Council Symposium is a forum for students, post docs, and
young researchers in the fields of Computational Biology and
Bioinformatics. Participants have the opportunity to present their work
to an international audience, build a network within the computational
biology community and develop important soft skills in an environment
that fosters exchange of ideas and knowledge.

We encourage you to submit an abstract and to bring a poster for
showcasing your work at the Symposium’s poster session. As a central
part of the Symposium, ten abstracts will be selected for an oral
presentation. We accept abstracts covering both scientific studies as
well as novel tools and applications in the field of computational
biology and bioinformatics.

Travel fellowships will be available for accepted abstracts, and awards
will be given to best posters and presentations.

LINKS

Symposium website: http://symposium.iscbsc.org/
Submission link: http://www.iscb.org/submissions/index.php?id=156
Travel Fellowships information:
http://symposium.iscbsc.org/content/travel-fellowships

IMPORTANT DATES

April 16: Abstract submission deadline
April 26: Travel Fellowship submission deadline
April 30: Abstract acceptance notifications
May 14: Travel fellowship acceptance notifications
July 19th: Student Council Symposium 2013

We look forward to receiving your abstract!

Tomás Di Domenico, Chair
Tomasz Stokowy, Co-chair

--
Best wishes,