[SocBiN] PhD student and master's thesis positions available in Helsinki, Finland

sofiak at kapsi.fi sofiak at kapsi.fi
Mon Jan 27 13:18:21 CET 2014

One PhD student and one master's thesis position are available in the
research group for hereditary breast cancer susceptibility in Biomedicum
Hel­sinki, Helsinki, Finland

A PhD student and a master's thesis positions are available for motivated
students interested in genetics and cancer research. Our study addresses
the genetic background of breast cancer by identifying and characterizing
breast cancer susceptibility genes and genetic variants for breast cancer
development and progression (SNPs – genes – pathways). We use large scale
genetic, functional and cancer biological analyses combined with
bioinformatics analyses on cancer risk or patient survival/treatment
response in subgroups of breast carcinoma. More information about the
Hereditary breast cancer susceptibility -group:
http://research.med.helsinki.fi/wh/nevanlinna/

Please send application, including CV, by February 2nd by e-mail or call
for further information:
Dos. Heli Nevanlinna (heli.nevanlinna at hus.fi) Tel. +358 9 4717 1750, +358
405 290 720

Questions concerning the job description details can also be addressed to
Sofia Khan (sofia.khan at helsinki.fi).

Best regards,

Sofia Khan, PhD
Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology