[SocBiN] Fwd: Postdoc position in systems biology of immune cell plasticity available

Rune Linding rune.linding at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 07:55:02 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bernd Bodenmiller <bernd.bodenmiller at imls.uzh.ch>
Date: Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Subject: Postdoc position in systems biology of immune cell plasticity
available
To: linding at cbs.dtu.dk

We currently have an ongoing project in which we started to reprogram
tumor-supporting immune cells into tumor-fighting immune cells. We are now
searching for a postdoctoral fellow in quantitative biology to generate
network models of the reprogramming process based on CyTOF
experiments/data. Ideally, the same person would also have some interest in
performing some simple follow experiments in the lab.

Do you by chance know anyone who might be interested? I would also be happy
if you could spread the word in northern Europe J about this position.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Bernd

The add can be found under
http://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/jobs/379767-postdoc-in-systems-biology-at-university-of-zurich-in-collaboration-with-roche-zurich-switzerland

*The position:*
A position is available for a postdoctoral fellow interested in the systems
biology of tumor-associated immune cells (TAICs) and their role in the
progression of cancer. The selected candidate will use mass cytometry
(CyTOF) data to generate and refine signaling network models to describe
TAIC plasticity. Our ultimate goal is to predict and validate network
modulations that control TAIC plasticity. The candidate will perform
experiments AND drive the development of the systems biology network model.
The postdoctoral fellow will be located at the University of Zurich and
will interact with Roche research groups. This project is supported by
SystemsX, the Swiss Initiative in Systems Biology for 2 years with the
option to extend for a third year.

*The successful candidate will:*
* Systematically modulate and reprogram TAICs to change their functional
state at the bench
* Become proficient in mass cytometry (CyTOF), a recently developed
high-capacity single-cell proteomics technology
* Use mass cytometry data to generate network models to predict in silico
optimal modulation strategies
* Experimentally validate predictions to discover potential new targets for
therapeutic intervention
* Aim for results relevant for human health, publishable in highly visible
journals

*Apply by:*
Send a cover letter (including an explanation of your motivation), CV, and
at least two references to Prof. B. Bodenmiller to
bernd.bodenmiller at imls.uzh.ch.
Prof. Bernd Bodenmiller, Institute of Molecular Life Sciences, University
of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland.
http://www.imls.uzh.ch/research/bodenmiller.html...

--

Best wishes,

Prof Dr Rune Linding

Slotsvej 84B - DK-2920 Charlottenlund, Denmark

Mobile: +45 2365 1941 Phone: +45 3940 1941