[SocBiN] Fwd: Post doc and PhD position openings in Linding Lab - KU / Symphogen

Rune Linding rune.linding at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:53:26 CEST 2014

Dear all,

We have two openings in the group for a PhD student and a Post-doc. Please
circulate!

Postdoc position in cell-migration and systems-scale drug discovery in
Linding Lab <http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=683948>

A shared postdoc position is available between Symphogen A/S and the
laboratory of Prof Dr Rune Linding, a world-leading network biologist whose
research focuses on the mechanisms by which cells use signaling networks to
respond and adapt to changes in their environment. We are seeking a highly
motivated and brilliant postdoc to join our highly dynamic, productive and
stimulating lab.

*The group and our research*
The Linding Laboratory is a network biology research group based at the
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre at the University of Copenhagen
(BRIC). Our lab explores biological systems by both generating
high-throughput data and developing algorithms aimed at predicting cell
behavior with accuracy similar to those of weather or aircraft models. A
major focus of our lab is studying cellular signal processing and
decision-making during cancer progression.

Symphogen A/S (www.symphogen.com) is a privately held biotech company based
in Ballerup, immediately outside the center of Copenhagen, Denmark. The
Company currently employs 90 people. Symphogen´s proprietary technology
offers a method for the production of unlimited amounts of highly purified,
antigen-specific, recombinant antibody mixtures - a new class of
therapeutic anti-bodies with a number of prominent advantages compared to
existing monoclonal antibody or immunoglobulin therapies. This new antibody
technology has a significant market potential and the company has developed
a broad pipeline with two products in clinical development and several
preclinical programs.

*Project/The research project(s)*
In this position, the successful applicant will perform large-scale
integrative studies, combining next generation sequencing, global
phospho-proteomics and high content screening, with computational models in
order to identify the signaling networks involved in cell migration.
Following target identification the applicant will generate novel antibody
based anti-cancer therapies that can be taken further into pre-clinical and
clinical testing.

The identified targets and therapies will be utilized in a network medicine
project focused on developing novel treatments for cancer and will be
related to our recent studies on phosphorylation networks and network
medicine (Creixell et al. 2012 Nature Biotechnology, Erler & Linding Cell
2012, Bakal, Linding et al. Science 2008, Tan et al. Science 2009 and Tan
et al. Science 2011 and Jørgensen et al. Science 2009). The project is a
collaboration between the Linding Laboratory, Prof. Doug Lauffenburger’s
lab at MIT, Prof. Norbert Perrimon’s lab at Harvard, Assoc. Prof. Janine
Erler’s lab at BRIC, Symphogen A/S, Silicon Graphics Inc. and PerkinElmer
GmbH.

More details and application: http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=683948
<http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/?show=683948>
------------------------------
International PhD Fellowship in computational systems-scale drug discovery
in Linding Lab <http://employment.ku.dk/phd/?show=684305>

A PhD position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Dr. Rune Linding a
world-leading network biologist whose research focuses on the mechanisms by
which cells use signaling networks to respond and adapt to changes in their
environment. We are seeking a highly motivated and brilliant student to
join our highly dynamic, productive and stimulating lab.

*The group and our research*
The Linding Laboratory is a network biology research group based at the
Biotech Research and Innovation Centre at the University of Copenhagen
(BRIC). Our lab explores biological systems by both generating
high-throughput data and developing algorithms aimed at predicting cell
behavior with accuracy similar to those of weather or aircraft models. A
major focus of our lab is studying cellular signal processing and
decision-making during cancer progression.

*Project/ The research project(s)*
In this position, the successful applicant will develop computational
models to integrate genomic, quantitative phospho-proteomic and phenotypic
data to identify the signaling networks involved in cell migration. The
applicant will also work on complex image analysis problems, such as
tracking the movement of individual cells in real time.

The developed models will be utilized in a network medicine project focused
on identifying novel targets and therapies for the treatment of cancer and
will be related to our recent studies on phosphorylation networks and
network medicine (Creixell et al. 2012 Nature Biotechnology, Erler &
Linding Cell 2012, Bakal, Linding et al. Science 2008, Tan et al. Science
2009 and Tan et al. Science 2011 and Jørgensen et al. Science 2009). The
project is a collaboration between the Linding Laboratory, Prof. Doug
Lauffenburger’s lab at MIT, Prof. Norbert Perrimon’s lab at Harvard, Assoc.
Prof. Janine Erler’s lab at BRIC, Symphogen A/S, Silicon Graphics Inc. and
PerkinElmer GmbH. The successful applicant will be based at the Linding
Laboratory but will have the opportunity to work with and at other partner
sites.

More details and application: http://employment.ku.dk/phd/?show=684305
<http://employment.ku.dk/phd/?show=684305>

--
Xavier Robin, PhD
Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG)  - Linding Lab

--

Best wishes,

Prof Dr Rune Linding

Slotsvej 84B - DK-2920 Charlottenlund, Denmark

Mobile: +45 2365 1941 Phone: +45 3940 1941