[SocBiN] PhD or Postdoc in Bioinformatics

Mario Albrecht info at mario-albrecht.de
Fri Feb 13 17:41:10 CET 2015

Open PhD and Postdoc positions in Bioinformatics

Deadline: 28 February 2015

Contact: Prof. Dr. Mario Albrecht, Institute for Knowledge Discovery,
         Graz University of Technology, Graz, Austria,
         info at mario-albrecht.at

Find further information on the open PhD and Postdoc bioinformatics
positions at http://www.medbioinf.at and below!

Note: Please send your application to info at mario-albrecht.at as well!

Please forward this mail to your colleagues, thank you!

Open full-time bioinformatics PhD student position for
molecular network research until 28 February 2015,
for details see http://mibla.tugraz.at/14_15/Stk_8/8.html#112
and as follows:

Molecular networks and proteins are involved in many biological
processes. Therefore, we aim at the development and application
of computational network methods for the analysis and prediction
of molecular interactions and their structural and functional
changes due to sequence mutations. The mutations might occur in
disease genes or bacterial and viral genomes. Based on the analysis
results, we also want to develop innovative bioinformatics approaches
for modeling pathways and their changes as well as for the design
and prioritization of follow-up experiments.

Open full-time bioinformatics postdoc position for
integrative omics research until 28 February 2015,
for details see http://bioinf.tugraz.at/images/Postdoc.pdf
and as follows:

Cancer is the leading cause of death and involves altered lipid
metabolism. The rate-limiting enzyme in triacylglyceride degradation,
the adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL), might not participate only in
lipid mobilization and degradation, but also in signaling pathways by
generating lipid signaling molecules. Therefore, we aim at the
large-scale elucidation of the functional role of ATGL in cancer
progression using different omics strategies combined with computational
approaches. Novel bioinformatics methods are developed for analyzing the
data of molecular proteomics and metabolomics networks related to
lipolysis in cancer.