[SocBiN] postdoc: machine learning/bioinformatics applied to psychiatry

Michaelson, Jacob J jacob-michaelson at uiowa.edu
Thu Apr 6 18:21:53 CEST 2017

The lab of Jake Michaelson at the University of Iowa is seeking
applicants for a two-year, NIH-funded postdoctoral research position
that melds machine learning techniques with data drawn from the fields
of psychiatry and neuroscience.

Competitive applicants will have demonstrated experience in machine
learning approaches, particularly random forests and (deep) neural
networks, as well as an intense desire to apply these methods to
practical problems in psychiatry.

The Michaelson lab (https://michaelson.lab.uiowa.edu/) is an
interdisciplinary team that combines computational biology with human
subjects and animal model approaches in the study of neurodevelopmental
conditions.  We are particularly interested in how the non-coding genome
influences brain development and function.  We are also running an
ongoing whole genome sequencing study of language ability.  We collect a
wide variety of data in our lab, including electronic medical record
(EMR) data, genomic, transcriptomic, and metabolomic data, voice
recordings, 3D depth camera gait data, and many others.  Our lab is a
rich environment for those interested in applying machine learning
approaches to practical problems in psychiatric medicine.

Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to
jacob-michaelson at uiowa.edu before April 20.

--

Jacob Michaelson, PhD
Assistant Professor

Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy all copies of the original message and attachments thereto. Email sent to or from UI Health Care may be retained as required by law or regulation. Thank you.