[SocBiN] Fwd: [Csss-alumni] 2018 Santa Fe Institute Omidyar Fellowships

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Mon Aug 7 20:05:52 CEST 2017

Dear Friend,

The Santa Fe Institute's Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship is an
extraordinary opportunity for early career scientists. Our application site
at www.santafe.edu/ofellowship is now open, and the deadline is October
29th, 2017.

Please post the attached flyer in your department and pass this
announcement to any suitable candidates you can think of: current or recent
Ph.D. students, others in your and your colleagues' research groups, or in
the general scientific community. I would be especially grateful if you
would recommend female candidates or those from underrepresented
minorities.

The SFI Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship offers:

- transdisciplinary collaboration with leading researchers worldwide

- up to three years in residence at the Santa Fe Institute

- dedicated funds for research and collaboration

- a structured leadership training program

- unparalleled intellectual freedom.

Requirements include:

- a Ph.D. in any scientific discipline within the past 6 years or completed
prior to September 2018

- strong quantitative and computational skills

- an exemplary academic record

- a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively

- a demonstrated interest in multidisciplinary research

- evidence of the ability to think outside traditional paradigms.

I am happy to answer any questions you or any potential candidates might
have.  Please send the best applicants our way!

Thanks in advance for your help.

With best wishes,

Mirta Galesic, Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship Search Committee Chair

www.santafe.edu/ofellowship