[SocBiN] Postdoc Positions Available in Stockholm

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Wed Feb 8 17:22:21 CET 2017

Postdoc Protein Bioinformatics

Arne Elofsson, Stockholm University.

http://bioinfo.se/

*Theme: *We are developing state of the art method to predict protein
features, including membrane protein topology, protein structure and
protein model quality. In addition we have a general interest in protein
evolution.

*Location: *We are located at Science for Life Laboratory, Stockholm Sweden.

*Group: *Friendly environment with significant freedom.

*Positions: *Tax Free postdoc scholarships for two years, medical insurance
etc.

*Contact: *arne at bioinfo.se

*Position 1: *Deep learning in protein bioinformatics.

We apply modern machine learning methods for various protein structure
prediction problems.

*Position 2: *Ab-Initio Structure Prediction using PconsC3.

We have recently developed an ab-initio method to predict the structure of
more than 2000 Pfam families. Here we will both improve this method and use
it to gain biological insights in these proteins.

*Position 3: *Evolution of transporters and channels.

We are studying the evolution of protein transporters and channels both to
understand their function and predict their structures. Here, we are
closely collaborating with experimental colleagues.

Selected Publications

·       Uziela, K., Menendez Hurtado, D., Shu, N., Wallner, B. and
Elofsson, A. (Epub 2017) ProQ3D: improved model quality assessments using
deep learning. *Bioinformatics*

·       Hayat, S., Peters, C., Shu, N., Tsirigos, K.D. and Elofsson, A.
(2016) Inclusion of dyad-repeat pattern improves topology prediction of
transmembrane beta-barrel proteins. *Bioinformatics* *32* (10) : 1571-1573.

·       Shiota, T., Imai, K., Qiu, J., Hewitt, V.L., Tan, K., Shen, H.H.,
Sakiyama, N., Fukasawa, Y., Hayat, S., Kamiya, M., Elofsson, A., Tomii, K.,
Horton, P., Wiedemann, N., Pfanner, N., Lithgow, T. and Endo, T. (2015)
Molecular architecture of the active mitochondrial protein gate. *Science*
*349* (6255) : 1544-1548.

·       Tsirigos, K.D., Peters, C., Shu, N., Kall, L. and Elofsson, A.
(2015) The TOPCONS web server for consensus prediction of membrane protein
topology and signal peptides. *Nucleic Acids Res* *43* (W1) : W401-W407.

·       Hayat, S., Sander, C., Marks, D.S. and Elofsson, A. (2015) All-atom
3D structure prediction of transmembrane beta-barrel proteins from
sequences. *Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A* *112* (17) : 5413-5418.

Yours

Arne

  Arne Elofsson                  Science for Life Laboratory
  Tel:+46-(0)70 695 1045   Stockholm University
  http://bioinfo.se/               Box 1031,
  Email: arne at bioinfo.se   17121 Solna, Sweden
  Twitter:   https://twitter.com/arneelof
  Scholar: http://scholar.google.se/citations?user=s3OCM3AAAAAJ