[SocBiN] Fwd: Postdoc position in Structural Bioinformatics/Big Data at UC San Diego

Arne Elofsson arne at bioinfo.se
Tue Jan 3 09:22:52 CET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Rose, Peter" <pwrose at ucsd.edu>
Date: 3 Jan 2017 05:15
Subject: Postdoc position in Structural Bioinformatics/Big Data at UC San
Diego
To: "Rose, Peter" <pwrose at ucsd.edu>

Dear Colleague,

We are looking for a highly motivated postdoc as part of our project
“Compressive Structural Bioinformatics” funded by the US National
Institutes of Health (NIH) Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) initiative.

For details please see:

http://mmtf.rcsb.org/jobs.html

The Challenge: To enable efficient research on the rapidly growing number
of 3D molecular structures of ever increasing size and complexity. Current
algorithms used in Structural Bioinformatics do not scale well with the
rapid growth in structural data. In this project, we will employ the latest
advances in computer science to develop highly scalable, distributed
parallel algorithms to overcome these limitations.

Qualifications: Ph.D. in one or more of the following research areas

•      Computer Science with a focus on large scale scientific computing

•      Structural Bioinformatics with a focus on new methods development

•      Computational Structural Biology with a focus on improved structure
solution methods

Please forward this email to any graduate student or postdoc who might be
interested in this position.

Best regards,

Peter Rose

--

Peter Rose, Ph.D.
Director, Structural Bioinformatics Laboratory