[SocBiN] 2 PostDoc scolarships, metagenomics

Per Stenberg per.stenberg at umu.se
Thu Jun 20 16:45:25 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,
I am looking for two more PostDocs for the analysis of our new exciting metagenomics dataset that contains relative abundances of basically all organisms in northern Sweden across 40 years, with a resolution of one week!
We now have data for ~19 000 species (animals, plants, fungi, bacteria and viruses) from most types of habitats.

The Department of Ecology and Environmental Science (Umeå University, Sweden) invites applicants for two postdoctoral fellowships to a project focused on analyzing time series of shotgun metagenomics data aiming at producing forecasts of fungal pathogens of conifer trees that will be used by the industry to reduce the impact of this emerging threat. Application deadline is September 1st, 2019. The fellowships are funded by a tax-free 2-year scholarship amounting to 294 000 SEK per year.

For more information see:
https://www.umu.se/en/work-with-us/fellowships-and-grants/6-1235-19/
and
https://www.umu.se/en/research/projects/swedish-biodiversity-in-time-and-space/

Please spread the information to anyone you think might be interested.

Have a nice Midsummer!

\Per

Per Stenberg, PhD, Principal investigator
Department of Ecology and Environmental Science (EMG)
Computational Life Science Cluster (CLiC)
Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden