[Drand] Detector Physics FK7056 first lecture Zoom coordinates

Christophe Clement christophe.clement at fysik.su.se
Thu Aug 27 17:57:26 CEST 2020

Dear All,

This email is to announce the First lecture of the course Detector Physics FK7056 which will take place via Zoom on Monday August 31st 13.15-15.00

Due to the remote teaching, we believe it is necessary to send this initial email to a wide list as some of you may not have registered yet and therefore would not be
able to see how to connect to the first lecture.

First lecture 		Monday August 31 13.15 - 15.00		Meeting ID: 658 7356 0111	https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/6587356011 <https://stockholmuniversity.zoom.us/j/6587356011> Password required, see below.

Detailed lecture plan and pre-reading instructions are already available on our e-learning platform Athena.

The zoom meeting lecture room has a password

	The password can be obtained in two ways:
	1) Send me an email and I will provide you the password

	2) The password is also available on our Athena electronic platform under our Detector Physics-HT20 course page.
		- Log into Athena ( https://athena.itslearning.com/ <https://athena.itslearning.com/> )
		- Click on the course name "Detector Physics-HT20” (will only appear for you if you already registered)
		- Click on the menu Innehåll / Content	=> "Remote lecture instructions”   the password is given there.

The same Zoom Meeting room will be used for all lectures and tutorials as well.

Athena
We are going to use the e-teaching platform Athena for communication, lecture notes etc. If you have already registered to the course you should see Detector Physics-HT20-

Enabling notifications from Athena
It is important that you enable notificatons from Athena, so that you receive emails when the teacher performs updated, sends messages, upload material etc.
There is also an App that can be downloaded to allow for discussion eg. among students, or student-teachers.

How to enable the notifications via emails
— Enter Athena.
— Click on your name on the top right corner > Dina inställningar (Your Preferences) >  Aviseringar (Notifications) (Down) > Click Aktivera (Activate) under “Email/e-post” and check the boxes for all notifications > Click Save at the bottom.
— Then Click on your name on the top right corner > Dina inställningar (Your Preferences) >  E-postavisering (Email notifications) > Check i "Skicka aviseringar varje timme" >
Click “Spara” (SAVE). (An email will come every our but only if anything changed in the last our).

The App
— Is available on usual platforms
— Install and login.

Vi ses på måndag!

Christophe Clement	- Course responsible  & Lecturer
Cristian Vasile Antochi	- Responsible for labs and tutorials

Christophe Clément
Professor of Experimental Particle Physics

Stockholm University
AlbaNova University Center
Department of Physics
SE - 106 91 Stockholm