[Socbin] Conference registrations - Warsaw 24-27 April 2008

Janusz M. Bujnicki iamb at genesilico.pl
Wed Mar 19 10:10:21 CET 2008

Dear Colleagues,

The deadline for early registrations for our SocBiN "Bioinformatics
2008" conference in Warsaw is approaching quickly (March 24). Also the
abstract submission deadline (for posters, to be considered for oral
presentation in two sessions) is on the same day.

We have an unexpected problem - a low number of international
participants who registered so far. Those who have, are mostly from
Poland (or Poles from abroad). We expect it to keep rising with Polish
participants whom we personally encouraged to register, but it will be a
shame to see a paucity of international participants on a SocBiN
conference, in particular from Scandinavia!!! Hey, where are YOU? :-)

Besides, without funds from registration fees it might get difficult to
cover expenses connected to invited speakers, and our local organizer is
getting VERY nervous! ;-)

I would like to ask those of you who are willing to come (in particular
those of you located outside Poland) to register ASAP. Members of PC and
other organizers who will not have to pay the registration fee and/or
accommodation - please register as well, so we have your data on file.

And please consider delegating your coworkers to this conference, and
have them register preferably BEFORE the March 24 deadline. I believe
the cost of 120 Euro for a student is very low for a conference of such
a caliber (also considering the impressive set of speakers we managed to
get), where the presented posters will have a chance to be considered
for a talk. And frankly, it would be a shame for your students to lose
this opportunity to visit Poland!

So before you get distracted by another important email ;-) please click
here: https://bioinformatics2008.icm.edu.pl/web/guest/registration

and ...I am looking forward to see you all in Warsaw next month! :-)

Best wishes,
Janusz Bujnicki

___________________________________
Janusz M. Bujnicki, Ph.D., D.Habil.
Email: iamb at genesilico.pl

Professor at International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Protein Engineering
Trojdena 4, 02-109 Warsaw, POLAND
tel: +48-22 597 0750
fax: +48 22 597 0715
http://genesilico.pl

Professor extraordinarius at Adam Mickiewicz University
Laboratory of Bioinformatics
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Faculty of Biology
Umultowska 89, 61-614 Poznan, POLAND
tel: +48 61 829 5839
http://bioinformatics.amu.edu.pl